20 August 2008

Spectacular Mt. Timpanogos















We did it! We hiked to the top of Timp! It was Justin's ninth time! It was hard and long-14 hours round trip, but soooo worth it. Justin invited a bunch of people: my mom and dad, my brother, my two uncles Keith and Kyle, and my cousin Emily, Justin's friends Luke and Scott, and also my brother Mark and five of his friends, Mike, Sam, Kelly, Amy, and Shalen. We started at 5:30a.m. just in time to see the gorgeous sunrise. It was a great group. Kyle provided the 80's tunes and our trail mix kept us going. Seeing all the waterfalls was magical, and seeing all the mountain goats was fascinating. We took pictures at the shack. We even got to sign the guestbook. I do think it will be a while before I attempt another hike of that magnitude, but it was fun. I recommend the hike to everyone at least once in their lifetime.

1 comment:

Nikki Hansen said...

How beautiful!! Too bad Luke chickened out and turned around before getting to the top. I am glad you guys had a good time!!