23 March 2010

On a Team Again

Some of you may have already heard, but I've been playing some volleyball lately. I played when I was younger, one year in school, and every other year on my ward young women volleyball team. I had forgotten how much I really enjoyed the sport. And I'm actually pretty decent at it considering I never had really much formal training like club. Here is my current volleyball team:
Julie, Sharon, Janice, Erika, Saralee, and me.

I borrowed these shorts from Justin, the knee pads from my sister, and took the liberty of buying myself some awesome fushia socks just for the occasion.

We started winning all of our games. It was amazing. Then the tournament came and we actually won the whole thing!
Springville City Women's Volleyball Champs!
I'm definitly playing the sports I love more often. It's fun, gets my heart rate going, and keeps me in shape. Win, win situation for all!

I almost forgot to thank my cheering section: Justin and the kids with my neighbor, Kelsee helping. We couldn't have done it without you.  ;)

1 comment:

blaine and michelle said...

That's awesome! I love playing volleyball, I'm just too short to be really any good. You are looking fantastic!