Yes, I actually am! It is soooooooo fun! I've always been interested in genealogy/family history but the past few months I have taken it to a whole new level. Seriously! It all started with some great young women activities where we all learned to login to
familysearch.org and submit names to take to the temple. Then I went home and showed Justin how to do it. Now Michael is even doing it! It is so easy and fun. Justin & I have been to the temple several times doing tons of family names and it is so special each time. We have also been verifying that our family tree's are accurate. Which some are not. So, I have contacted my dad, my grandpa, my grandma, and several of Justin's grandparents about getting pictures and stories of ancestors.
 |
| My grandparents, David & Carolyn & their eight kids |
It really took off from there. There was one time when I couldn't find pictures of one set of my grandma's grandparents, I asked several people who I thought would know and they had no idea. My grandpa said he thought he might have some pictures of them so I set a time to meet with him at his house to find the pictures. When I got there I told him the names of the people I was looking for and he took me into this back bedroom and lo and behold there were two gigantic 20 by 30 framed paintings of them!
After taking pictures of them my grandpa then told me everything he remembered about them and started crying, and I started crying, and it was a really special experience. For Christmas I made my brother, sister, & parents family tree's. It was a lot of work.
 |
| Lots of compiling, printing, cutting, and glittering |
 |
| I also put labels on each picture |
 |
| For my sister's family |
 |
| For my brother's family |
 |
| For my parent's ( I went back much further) |
 |
| Here are Justin's grandparent, Carol & Dee over 50 years ago |
 |
| Here are Carol & Dee now :) |
A few weeks ago I attended
Roots Tech in Salt Lake City. It is the biggest family history conference in the world. It was amazing! I'll have to post more on that later.
No comments:
Post a Comment