02 June 2008

Terrible Two's

It's been a rough couple of weeks, and it seems to be getting worse. Michael is now in his "Terrible Two's". He is a little tornado. He makes messes everywhere he goes, he gets into everything I don't want him to get into, and he throws fits all the time. He gets into the fridge and opens all the yogurts and string cheeses. Then he escapes out the locked front door and tramples my garden. Next I try putting him down for his nap, after two minutes of emptying all his toys out of the toy box and all of the books out of the book shelf he comes right back out. Even with a child lock on his door! Then he empties my purse, or diaper bag, writes on anything he can get his hands on. Next I find him trying to eat pennies and putting quarters down the heater vent! I can't forget him somehow figuring out the child lock we had on our entertainment center and getting out every DVD and opening it and scratching all his favorite ones. He even broke one of Justin's favoite video games. The list goes on and on and on. I am trying my best but i just don't know how to handle this! Any ideas are gladly welcomed.
Here are some words that come to mind. No fun. Exhausting. Draining. Frustrating.
P.S. Thanks for letting me vent.

7 comments:

blaine and michelle said...

I can totally relate. I wish I had some great advice for you, but all I have is hang in there! Kimberley's starting to leave that phase, so hopefully Michael will, too!

Candyce said...

Awww how cute and frustrating. Well we should take him to the park when we come down, we can chase him and wrestle with him and wear him out so he will never be hyper again!
Maybe.

Jenny said...

Thanks. Yeah, I take him in the bike trailer to the park almost every day. Even running around for hours doesn't seem to help. Good suggestion, though.

Candyce said...

Well if there is anyone who can keep up with him, its you. You always had a lot of energy. Except in the mornings when we were late for school. :)
I started a personal blog, its rhettandcandyce.blogspot.com

Nikki Hansen said...

You'd think there was something, but don't stress too much because they seem to feed off of it. Not that I am an expert because the "naughty" chair is getting worn out really fast.

Marilyn said...

It sounds like he is really intelligent. But, don't worry, this age doesn't last forever, although I know it must seem like it. Hang in there. Call Corinne and have her babysit so you can get a break. That might help. Love, you!!

Mark said...

I can totally relate. It was so tiring this one time I was watching Michael for five minutes and he kept wanting to slip from my grasp and walk away from me. Finally, I contacted Justin, and he got Michael from me. Wow, that was so tiring.
This other time I was holding Wesley and he started crying. Kids can be so tiring.
It's really exhausting being an uncle!
Sarcastically, anonymous