06 February 2009

25 Random Things

Here are some random things about me you may not have known before:
1. I secretly can't wait to be a grandma.
2. Going along with that, I love old people. I think more people need to listen to them more often, give them more credit. They are wise.
3. I want to have a large family. Mostly because the Lord's commandment to multiply and replenish the earth is still in force. And because I love children. And many many more reasons, but mostly, I trust the Lord enough to know that if I obey him, I will be blessed.
4. I am a puzzle-holic. It all started when I was young doing puzzle wars with my siblings and cousins. My favorite puzzles are 300 piece.
5. I love makeup. Whoever invented it is genius. Why not enhance your natural beauty?
6. I've always wanted to live in California. Something about the california style draws me there. I don't know if it will ever happen though.
7. I would seriously like to dress my baby girl in a dress every day. At least up until her 2nd birthday or so. But chances are Justin will get her in some jeans or stretch pants every once in a while. That's ok. I don't want her to hate wearing dresses, I want her to love it.
8. I grew up in Cache Valley and loved it, but since my parents moved away I've only been back seven times in the last five years.
9. I agree with Dr. Laura about 80-90% of the time. I really like that she believes that men and women have different roles.
10. I love Star Trek. Hey, don't knock it 'til you've tried it. Me and Justin like to watch an episode at least once a week. My favorites are Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Voyager, and Star Trek: Enterprise. Deanna Troi and Charles "Tripp" Tucker are my favorite characters.
11. I have a goal of visiting every temple in Utah by the year 2012.
12. My sister taught me to read when I was only three, and I have loved reading ever since. I just finished "The Hunger Games" By Suzanne Collins. I couldn't put it down, I recommmend it wholeheartedly.
13. I love family reunions and family parties and think it's tragic when families don't get together anymore or don't think they are important.
14. I love almost everything about the time period and location the old t.v. show "Bewitched" was filmed in. When I have a house of my own, I will get much inspiration from Samantha and Darren's house.
15. I have a horrible memory.
16. I collect My Little Ponies. I have some from each generation: G1(from the 80's), G2(late nineties), and G3's(modern day). They are so bright and fun and colorful, I can't wait until my daughter is old enough to play with them.
17. I really like American Idol, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, and The Bachelor. Almost every episode of each of those shows makes me cry. :)
18. It was love at first sight when I first met my husband, Justin. It has only gotten better and our love stronger since then. He is the most amazing person I have ever known.
19. My favorite way to read the scriptures is opening them randomly. The verses I find always pertain to my life in some way at that time, it's amazing.
20. I am part of the 10% of women who actually love pantyhose.
21. I love being a mother more than anything. I feel so blessed that the Lord entrusted these beautiful spirits to me to raise. It is a huge responsibily, but I love it more than I could ever describe in words.
22. Going to EFY changed my life. I highly recommend it to every teenager.
23. I don't worry about money. I think it's sad when people think the amount of money and possesions you have should control how many children you have. I think it has a lot more to with the amount of love, charity, and selfless sacrifice you have.
24. My favorite colours are fushia, aquamarine, and r.o.y.g.b.i.v..
25. I am a potter. I grew to have a real passion for it in high school, did a little bit in college, but haven't found a place and time to do it for a few years now. I look forward to throwing on the wheel again with that wet pile of earth as my canvas. I found it to be a grand outlet for my creativity and can't wait to do it again.

4 comments:

Justin Furr said...

Aww sweetie! That's an awesome list of interesting things. You're such a cutie and I love you so much too!!!

Roxie said...

I love you for being you..your the best!

Angie said...

Hey Jenny and Justin! I like checking in on you guys every once in a while. This is Justin's cousin, Angela. You two are awesome and have such a cute family! I'm excited for you to get a girl! You're welcome to come visit our family blog at munchkingarden.blogspot.com

kathbot said...

My two-year-old LOVES my old Ponies. We've bought her a couple new ones, too. You will have so much fun once your girl is old enough to play with them!

(this is cellophane from UCM, btw ;) )