My mom called me on sunday night to tell me that President Hinkley passed away. I felt sad at first, then happy. I am happy for him because he is now in a better place. He is finally with his beloved wife and the mother of his children. I cannot imagine being alone on the earth without Justin. I suppose it may happen one day when we are old and gray, and by that time I will probably have gotten more used to the idea, since women usually live longer than men, but it's still hard to think about.
The prophet was an amazing man. I have read his book Standing For Something, and it was one of the most inspirational and informative books I have ever read. President Hinkley was a person who everyone in the world could stand being a little more like. His death helped me to take a step back, and look at the eternal perspective, for we will have another prohet soon. The church is true and I sustain whoever is called to be the next prophet. Probably Thomas S. Monson. That is neat. I can't wait until the next general conference in April. Bye now.
1 comment:
Yeah I was really sad at first too, but then I realized it was a happy thing. I echo everything you said. I do whatever you do. I am practically you.
Post a Comment