I have decided to join the dozens of ladies for something called the Tuesday Tell All. Some ladies, Sally and Marcie, ask a question or pose a subject every tuesday, and I will tell all. If you are interested, go to tuesdaytellall.blogspot.com. My first subject is "What's in a Name?"
Me and Justin went to the hospital with a few names in mind: Jackson, Skyler, Bradley, Michael, and Michelangelo. Once I had him I knew he was a Michelangelo. He had dark thick curly hair and he looked Italian. I am 1/32 Italian you know. Justin would just not budge. So we named him Michael. Boring. But we changed it a few weeks later. Yay! We call him Michael most of the time anyway. We like the name because it is religious, it means "he who is like God", it's Italian and Hebrew, and it's solid. We don't want him to take the common nickname of Mike. I was hoping his nickname would be Mika or Mikah. We have called him Bubba, Mikey, and Bubba-Angelo. Henrie is a family name on Justin's side. It is Justin's middle name and he was named after great aunt Henrie. I liked it because it fit well and I want to name all of our children middle names after kings and queens of the past.
Wesley Richard
We decided on this name once we found out I was having another boy. We both love it and agree on it, and so that's what we decided before asking anyone if they liked it or not. We call him "Wessy". Although I would like people to call him "Richie" though. Wesley also happens to be a family name on my mother's side and my uncle's middle name. Richard is named after Justin's late brother who died when Justin was only 13 years old. Also after my father, my uncle, and the great King Richard of the past.


2 comments:
This is my favorite background so far. Its pretty and makes the writing easy to read. Great choice.
TTA I like that idea. Very interesting to hear where Mika and Richie's names came from. (thats what I am going to call them now.) Great post!
It was so good to see you this weekend, lets get something else in the works soon!
Megan just found out she is having a girl, and they are naming it Wesley! I think they may spell it Weslie or something.
Post a Comment