14 April 2009

Jenny's Thankful Post

The last few weeks have been pretty crazy busy. We found out Michelangelo had E Coli which included taking him in to the hospital to have his blood drawn every other day for a while, an emergency trip to Primary Children's Hospital, and one scared little 3 year old. After watching the last session of general conference, which was wonderful by the way, Justin and his friend Matt gave Michael a preisthood blessing. Up until then the blood tests just kept getting worse. So I took him in to get his blood drawn the next day, and the results were wonderful. If the results would have gone down again, my poor little son would have had a blood transfusion, which would have entailed at least one overnight in the hospital. I have a true testimony of the real power of the preisthood and am so grateful for my husband, Justin for being worthy to carry it. I also want to thank my dad for meeting me at the hospital when Justin couldn't be there.
The next people I would like to thank are everyone who came and helped out with my baby showers. They were amazing, I felt so humbled to have so many people come and support me and my future daughter. A special thanks to my mom for the hours she spent making the blankets and burp cloths, all the other darling presents, and helping plan and attending both showers. My sister Lisa made adorable invitations for my family shower and made a gorgeous blanket and burp cloth set and gave me so many other nice things. Also Liz, Erin, and Lilian all helped with my Orem shower and it turned out amazing. I am so blessed to be having another little baby, especially a girl, and am grateful to everyone that came to my showers. All the presents were sooooooo adorable! I couldn't ask for better friends and family support. Thank you all!!!!!!

3 comments:

Justin Furr said...

Yeah, we really are blessed with Michael getting better and with all the friends and family that support us. Thanks everyone! We love you all! Oh and wasn't that a great "Baby ShBower" you had? LOL. (the sign must've been Chinese-made or something, good ol' Engrish).

Sarah S said...

Sheesh Jenny! I really look up to you! You have so much on your plate but you always look for the blessings. I'm glad little michaelangelo is doing better. I'll keep you guys in my prayers! Love you! See you Saturday!

Stacy said...

Poor Michael! That is so scary. I am glad he is doing better. Aren't preisthood blessings great!