19 January 2010

Couponing Disaster


So, I heard about this whole couponing thing where you get five sunday papers, use all the coupons and save thousands of dollars. I am trying it and failing. Any tips from all you super moms out there?

7 comments:

Holly said...

I hate to have to say it, but my tip is to just buy generic brands and buy stuff when it goes on sale at the lowest price and stock up. I've kept track of prices for a year using a spread sheet and overall it's easier and cheaper to just skip the coupons! I make a lot from scratch though- if you buy lots of convenience food coupons would help cut the cost. Just remember, how much you spend is more important than how much you "save." You could "save" $30 off your grocery bill, but still be spending too much on overpriced products.

Candyce said...

I found it totally frustrating. I failed as well. Good luck!

Candyce said...

I think Rox is a coupon girl.

Marie said...

I agree with your friend Holly. None of my couponing attempts (save it be for restaurants or craft stores) have worked out either.

Justin Furr said...

You've always been good at couponing honey, but this thing just isn't working. It's like fool's gold or something. They said there would be coupons and there's not. Anyway, I lubbu, you're smart, you'll figure it out.

MaggieJo said...

Go shopping with me sometime. I'm no expert by any means, but I'm saving money and I've got mine organized. Chad will be gone Mon-Wed, you should come keep me company after the kids go to sleep, bring your coupons and we can organize a binder together if you want. Call me, I would love to have a friend to go shopping with or babysit for on different days. And Holly is right, how much you save isn't as important as how much you spend. the total price is what counts. which means a lot of great coupons go by the way side. If it isn't in a price range you are willing to pay, dont by it no matter how much cheaper it is.

MaggieJo said...

Let's do a fair trade, I would like to paint David's room. you come over to help me with that and I will help you with couponing. deal?