Here are my reviews:
(500) Days of Summer
I loved it and I hated it. I thought it was so cute and full of style and heart. The characters were so.... adorable. But, the outcome of their relationship was so unexpected for me so I hated it. Also, it did have an f-bomb and some sexual references, which threw me off a little.Avatar
This movie has nudity! Mostly boobies and butts of the alien species but I was seriously so offended. I personally think it should have been rated R. The story was pretty cool. They say the special effects were cool but I figured out that special effects really don't have much of an effect on me. There was some violence. I would never promote this movie because of the nudity. If that was taken out, it might have been an okay movie, but since it's in over half of the movie, I would say it is just not worth it.
Julie & Julia
This was just a breath of fresh air. I loved it! But I can't sidestep that there is some language. But the story was cute and fun and not too heavy. It made me want to start cooking. Not Julia Child type food, but really get my hands dirty in some sweet new recipes. There you have it, folks! Have you seen any of these flicks? What did you think?

8 comments:
I haven't seen any of them, but Richard and I are big fans of movies (when they come to redbox - we're cheap). I'm glad to get some reviews, especially with the chick-flick movies. Richard usually picks and (surprise, surprise) he never picks chick-flicks, so now I think I'll suggest these two! Date night, here we come! :) Thanks!
I actually saw Avatar twice. I guess I"m super-corrupted or something, because the blue-people nudity didn't really bother me. (There were a few times where the boobies were a little...obvious...but for the most part I didn't really notice.) I think it's because I thought of the people more like animals (and naked animals don't bother me. ;)) But I can definitely see how it could be offensive.
I LOVED Julie and Julia as well. :) And I haven't seen the other one....but I might give it a shot. :)
I also loved Julie and Julia! It was great! Yesterday we watched one called "The Accidental Husband." It was pretty cute.
I liked 500 days, I agree that the ending was kind of sad but I thought it was a breth of fresh air as well.
Julie and Julia drove me nuts. I almost couldn't finish it. I agree with Dani on Avatar.
Have you seen A Street car Names Desire? I liked it.
Are you talking about the old movie with like James Dean or someone? Yeah, I like that show, although lots of drama.
Yeah the old one with Marlon Brando. It is dramatic but when you said old movies I thought of it because it was the last oldie I watched.
Ive only seen Julie and Julia...it was a good afternoon movie..I will admit i fell asleep through parts of it. but i too would like to cook a little better now.
Post a Comment