18 February 2010

Free as a Fish

Free as a Fish
By Jenny

Tonight I went swimming,
I felt as free as a fish.
It was refreshing,
rejuveinating, cleansing.
My body felt flowy
Like grasses that blow(y)
In the warm summer breeze.
I used to swim often,
with my momma and sista.
We'd jump off the high dive,
at our local municipool.
Then get bugles and donuts.
Although I felt free then,
it wasn't as refreshing,
as it felt tonight,
I felt as free as a fish.


The point of the story,
is to cherish those moments
in city swimming pools.
They are good for your body,
your flexibility and agility.
I need to swim more often,
before I turn eighty,
and treasure every moment
that I feel as free as a fish.

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

I love to swim, preferably in a tropical ocean, but being in the water is wonderful!!

Candyce said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Candyce said...

Hurry up and get some swimming in because you are about to turn 80!!!!
The question is were you in a bathing suit or your birthday suit? How free were you? Remember all the times we went "swimming" in Hyrum Dam or Bear Lake? We were very free then.